Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Round 1, Day 20: Changes

Holy crap, batman, Round 1 is almost over.  And my body and mind have been experiencing some strange changes.  


Most present at the moment is my hair.  My hair is coming out in strands of two, three, and a few scary moments, of 20.  As I told a friend at work today, I am starting to shed more than my cats.  


I have experienced, as was forecast, some changes in taste.  Some things that I love just taste plain old bad.  Coke tastes bad.  I can't enjoy my morning coke and I can't enjoy my afternoon coke.  And the Seagrams gingerale I tried to have the other night tasted so bad I had to throw it out.   Sprite, on the other hand, tastes better than ever.  Dark chocolate which I LOVE holds no allure, but once I start eating nutella, it is hard to stop (straight from the jar, how else).  But nothing tastes better to me right now than caramel.  Caramel sauce on ice cream, caramel popcorn, rollos, twix, hard werthers caramels -- wow.  I scored big time yesterday when I spotted a special type of milky way bar coated in caramel.  




One change that has been particularly annoying is that my body cannot tolerate heat.  It was pointed out to me that this is not so much of a change, as I haven't done well in heat for the last several years.  The problem is, my body has redefined "heat" from 90 degrees to 80 degrees, and that's a problem if you live in DC during the summer.  It's been difficult to get out and walk as much as I would like.  (Blissfully, it was in the 60s this morning and I went for a 2 mile walk before heading to acupuncture and work; and got to walk home from work this evening.)


Although physically I've been feeling almost back to normal for about a week now (with sore throat and stomach pain both having subsided), I still tire more easily.


Here's hoping that Round 2 brings no horrible and unexpected changes.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment