Sunday, November 21, 2010

24 RADS done: Goodbye tube top, hello mountain top!


Thursday I had my last radiation treatment of the whole breast.  The technicians let me keep the tube top made of white mesh as a souvenir ("I went to radiation for four weeks, and all I got was this lousy tube top...").  Here's a photo of my tube top waiting to be bound to my chest in my very own personalized styrofoam cup.

Atop sugarloaf mountain
Friday I had my first radiation treatment of just the lumpectomy site (my "booster").  So thankful that my shoulder (now officially diagnosed as a frozen shoulder) does not need to be raised above my head in this new position.  Friday, and for the final six treatments, I lie on my side, almost falling off the table, with my left arm above my head, and underneath the blissfully warm sheets that the sibley radiation techs provide.

And even more that I am continuing to feel physically better.  Went hiking yesterday!  Here's an update on my hair progress:

at base of sugarloaf mountain

1 comment:

  1. Love the mountain top! I'm proud of ya girl! So glad to hear you are feeling better these days! Before you know you are gonna have those wavy curls falling back in your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete