Monday, November 8, 2010

15 RADS done: Halfway there!

This morning I had radiation # 15 of 30.  The skin is getting redder, but not really painful as I had anticipated (knocking on wood now).  One of the radiation techs said to me this morning that my breast looked like it was angry at them.  While my breast is not angry, my shoulder is.  That is, my right shoulder, which is becoming increasingly painful as what was a preexisting minor issue with my shoulder is morphing into a major issue because of the uncomfortable position my shoulder is forced into each day.  Tomorrow I see an orthopedic doc for that problem.

But I am loving my new schedule.  Although I didn't exercise this morning (oops), I hope to most mornings before radiation.

And speaking of exercise, over the weekend, completed a 5-K race with my friend Lisa who ran, while I ran-walked.  I decided to try a 1-minute run, 2-minute walk cycle.  Finished 134 out of 135, at 48 minutes and 28 seconds.  Pretty good for my third run since chemo!  Eager to find another one to try with longer running intervals soon.

The biggest irritation at the moment is dealing with all of the ongoing insurance and medical billing problems and mistakes.  I am trying to be grateful that all of the bigger problems, like having cancer, or feeling moderately nauseous or extremely fatigued all day, are behind me so I can focus on the less important ones.  Not easy, but trying.

1 comment: