Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Round 5, Day 6: just passing time

Round 5 is plodding along.  I think I might be getting better at Day 5 and Day 6.  Just got back from a very, very slow walk.  And went on a very short walk yesterday evening.

Although I had another meltdown (it was #5 in 3 days, at the chemo room), some good came of it.  I scored some extra Ativan -- wonder anxiety/anti-nausea pill.  But more importantly, the woman who was being treated a few chairs down from me told me she was glad I had cried in the chemo room....it made her realize it wasn't just she who felt like that sometimes.  And her chemo companion then offered to get me some food.  Very kind.  I then went onto put on a fashion show, trying on all kinds of wigs and scarves and hats that other chemo patients had donated.  Several people got really into it and I had all kinds of admirers and supporters.  Snagged a free scarf, hat and extra wig too.

Back to the couch for now.  Pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment