Sunday, July 4, 2010

Round 3, Day 4: July 4


Another long day at the chemo room on Thursday; with the wait at the pharmacy (broken register), all in all, took six hours.  Here's a shot of me receiving my carboplatin...



Friday morning went for a walk with my survivor friend.  After napping, my Day 2 ritual -- went for my neulasta injection to prevent low white blood cell counts, followed by my reflexology appointment for relaxation and help with chemo side effects.

Yesterday went to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens in the morning for a stroll and photo shoot.  I haven't really taken any pictures since before chemo started, and it was so nice to be outside in a pretty spot.  Pics below.

This morning, my kitty beasties woke me up early as usual, and I took advantage of the cooler temps and went for a mile and a half walk, getting home by 8 a.m.

Side effects have generally been about the same.  The last several days have been really tired.  Right now is the most awake I've been since Wednesday.  For the first time since Tuesday night got a good night's sleep.  Stomach has been off a bit but not horrible.  Managing by eating very small, very frequent snacks (can't even call them meals), and trying to stay hydrated with small sips of whatever liquid doesn't bother me at the moment (usually ginger ale, cold water or seltzer).  The new treat is HOT FLASHES.  Over the last few days, my face periodically starts to flush and gets really really hot.  Another reason why I keep whining about the weather (which is supposed to get up into the 90s and up to 100 over the next several days).   Thank God for air conditioning!



5 comments:

  1. As always, your pictures are BEAUTIFUL, so I'm so glad that you were able to get out into nature to capture some of the beauty. Have been totally thinking about you with all this hot weather...stay cool, and drink drink drink!!! Next weekend (weather permitting) I am going to continue with my training walks, so when you get to Day 13 let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree--very nice photos! I hope you're feeling ok. Don't go outside tomorrow! - peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my last post went through...

    I agree, very nice photos.
    Hope you're feeling better today, and don't go outside (too hot).

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Jenn! Hey Pete -- the posts finally posted! No worries about the not going outside thing -- have got that covered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, but especially the picture of you.

    ReplyDelete