Sunday, October 31, 2010

9, 8, 7... counting down

9 radiation treatments done (21 to go).

8 herceptin infusions done (10 to go).  Had herceptin infusion number 8 on Thursday; these continue, with little if any side effects, every 3 weeks until I've completed number 18.

7 (and a half) months since my diagnosis, and the last time I ran.  That is, until yesterday!  Echocardiogram came back normal, and cleared by Dr. M for any physical activity.  Did a 30 minute slow run-walk yesterday (mostly walking so far).

6 (and a half) months since surgery.  6 rounds of chemo completed.  6 months until I'll be done with the herceptin infusions.  Next weekend, on November 6, I'll be walking (with a little running thrown in) a...

5K!  Looking for one to run (with a little walking thrown in) in December or January.  It's been 5 months since my first chemo.  Thank God that's over.

4 more weeks until I am done with radiation.

3-week cycles for herceptin to continue until done.

2 great yoga classes for me to choose from on Sunday afternoon or Wednesday evening, to help get me through the stiffness my body is feeling, especially my shoulder, exacerbated by my positioning in radiation.

And...

1 normal mammogram result from earlier this month.  Holding on to that one for dear life!

2 comments:

  1. It's like a Christmas holdiay song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sing it all together, now: "On the first day of cancer, my oncologist gave to me..."

    ReplyDelete