Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just Herceptin

Back from vacation last night.  Had a really nice - albeit, rainy - time.  Will post pics later.

Today, back to the chemo room for my once-every-three-week herceptin infusion.  Supposedly herceptin will not have any of the chemo side effects.   Herceptin, as you may recall, is the antibody to help fight my Her2 positive oncogene... read more about it here.  This will continue for the next eight months.

Am postponing radiation until next week so Dr. C can check me out first on thursday and, if need be, do a biopsy.  May not be needed because redness is much less.  We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phyll,

    I'm glad you had a nice vacation. You totally deserved a nice vacation.
    Have you noticed any side effets yet of the herceptin? I hope not.

    Love,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So far, knock on wood, no chemo-like side effects from the herceptin.

    ReplyDelete