Monday, September 27, 2010

Round 6, Day 19: slowly getting there

Sunday's horoscope:  "What you want to accomplish by the end of the day and what you actually have time for are two very different things.  You'll strike a happy medium, though, and ultimately will be proud of your productivity."  So true!  I worked from home putting in a full day's work on a big document with an upcoming deadline.  Indeed, very proud of my progress, despite the fact that much still remained undone yesterday.

Although it is slow, and up and down, I do believe progress is being made toward feeling like a human being again.  Last night I finally had a first glimmer of excitement along the lines of:  "this is my good weekend, yet I don't need to start feeling anxious about being slammed with another chemo treatment on thursday."  Yet, for whatever reason, woke up nauseous and anxious this morning.  Go figure.  Am exhausted, but after one more hectic day at work, vacation for five days!  

About the redness in my left (swollen) breast - on recommendation from Dr. C at Georgetown, have been to see a physical therapist at Sibley twice for manual lymphatic drainage.  It's just a very light massage designed to get the lymphatic fluids moving away from the area of edema and towards other areas.  It actually seems to be working - the redness seems to be decreasing.  A cautious whew!




4 comments:

  1. Hi Phyll,

    I hope you have a great vacation! And I'm glad the redness and swelling are going away.

    Love,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same from me! I want to see a photo of the horses when you get back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis -- I hope you enjoy your roadtrip/vacation.....have a wonderful wonderful time and I am so glad the cooler temps rolled in just in time for you. I know you will take some beautiful pics, so I can't wait to see them when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete