Thursday, September 23, 2010

Round 6, Day 15: Grateful for the end of summer...


Notwithstanding the fact that it was 93 degrees today, thereby tying the Washington (Dulles) record for hottest temperature for September 23, I am grateful that the autumnal equinox is officially here.  DC's summer officially sucked (that is, if you don't enjoy the heat while having chemo).

This round, days 5 and 6 weren't as bad as the previous round, but days 7-13 were definitely worse than prior rounds.  My stomach was upset until yesterday.  But it is finally starting to feel better.

It's been a busy week.  Tuesday, I went in for a baseline post-chemo mammogram.  Thankfully, it came out normal.  I still have some redness and swelling, though.  Even though the doctor believes it is just accumulation of fluid, if it doesn't clear up in a few weeks, I will need a biopsy :-(

Today, went in for my radiation planning session.  I will be having radiation at Sibley hospital in DC starting in 2 weeks (or 3, if I have a biopsy).  It will be every day (M-F, because cancer takes a break on the weekends) for six weeks.  The sessions are relatively short.  Main side effects likely to be discomfort similar to a sunburn and potential fatigue.

And work has been busy.  Off to finish editing a document that needs to get out to the clients tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment