Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It has a name

That is, my breast blister.  I went to the dermatologist today and she told me it was a "lymphangioma circumscriptum."  Yikes.  She told me to google away and read all about it, but basically, it is lymphatic fluid building up and flowing out periodically, likely caused by radiation, chemo, surgery or a combination thereof.  She said it's nothing to be worried about, so I shall not worry too much about it.  Nothing much to be done about it other than tight bandaging.

Yesterday I had my endometrial biopsy.  I proved to be not the ideal patient and was so tense that it is possible my dr. did not get sufficient tissue samples. But she might have.  It was painful but I was fine afterwards.  Results will come in approximately 7 days.  If results are inconclusive due to insufficient tissue samples, she will want to monitor me with ultrasounds to determine if my uterine lining is becoming thicker (which apparently is a bad thing).

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today; am feeling run down and like I'm fighting off a cold, even though I just had a cold a few weeks ago!  Of course it is nothing compared to chemo, so not quite sure why I'm feeling so whiny about it.

Have been running, when I can.  My knee has started bothering me in the last week or two.  But I did get a 5K race in September 10, at nationals stadium.
My friend Janel & me before the race


 And went for a really nice hike Sunday at Wheaton Regional Park with a friend.  See pic below ... reflections in the lake.

2 comments:

  1. "Now I know its name! Sal Tlay Ka Siti."

    Are you managing to fight off this 2nd cold? I hope so. If not, I hope it goes away quickly.

    I hope they got enough tissues to do the test, and I hope the results are good.

    That's so good that you're running and hiking. Pay attention to your knee though. Maybe there's some exercises you can do or something so it doesn't bother you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes - I stayed home and rested yesterday, had lots to drink, cold-eze, emergen-C, and feel much better today - whew! I will pay attention to my knee too.

    ReplyDelete