Thursday, September 1, 2011

Follow-up

Had two appointments today.  First was my pelvic ultrasound.  After drinking my obligatory 32 ounces of water, and then waiting about 45 minutes (test needs to be done with a full bladder) I was VERY ready to get the procedure started.

The test showed that I have a cyst on my ovaries - something to be monitored but not concerned about, my doctor told me.  My uterine lining was 11.5 mm thick, which was a little thicker than my doctor wanted to see (10 mm was her cut off), so I need to return in a few weeks for an endometrial biopsy.  She said she was not really concerned that it was cancer (she said typically the lining would be 20-25 mm thick at that point) but she just wants to be sure.  So, will have to have follow up for that.  It's scheduled for September 19.

My second appointment today was a followup with Dr. Croog, my radiation oncologist.  My edema (swelling) & redness are much decreased (which I really hadn't noticed).  She said everything looks good.  Need to go back to Sibley later in September for a followup mammogram.

So follow-ups leading to more follow-ups pretty much sums up today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phyll,

    I'm sorry the ultrasound test wasn't better, but I'm really glad it wasn't worse. Sorry you have to go for another follow up, but I think it's good your doctor is taking everything seriously. And that's great that the swelling and redness are down. I know the mammogram will be a difficult follow up, but I hope it and the biopsy both go well.

    Love,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It definitely could have been worse!

    ReplyDelete