Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Two medals: Part I

This past weekend I participated in two 5Ks:  saturday was the Komen race for the cure, a walk I did with my friend Janel's team, and sunday was my goal race for my cancer to 5K training program.

Saturday was special because I got to walk wearing the survivor t-shirt with my friend Janel, who's been my rock steady exercise buddy since we both started going to a cancer fitness spinning class together six months ago.  I also wore my earrings that I bought to distract me from my bald head last summer and the bracelet Aunt RoseAnn made for me.  And the little $2 purple backpack I usurped from mom while in west palm beach around diagnosis time last  year.

It was an effort because it was early and crowded!  But glad I did it.

The team!


Janel & me at the finish

Part II to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment