Thursday, May 5, 2011

In the chemo room, again

Writing from the chemo room as I receive herceptin #17 (of 18!).  Can't believe that next time is my LAST ONE!!!

Good news to report - I had a mammogram at Sibley on Tuesday, and results came back normal!  I hadn't even realized how tense I was about it until that morning; the 15-minute wait for my results was agonizing.  Afterwards I just felt weak with relief.   Had lunch afterward with a friend at chef geoff's - a very tasty italian grinder (haven't heard a sandwich referred to as a grinder since my days at wesleyan).  Was so drained that rather than head back to work, got myself a mani-pedi with hot stone massage.

In other news, have continued to be really tired, a lot of the time.  This is frustrating.  My depression has been acting up this past week too.  This morning I was unable to get myself out of bed to run and get to work, so instead, just stayed home.  A few hours of work and a few hours of unproductive, non-relaxing time.  Ugh.  It is super nice out too, so unfortunate that I squandered the day.  Perhaps I shall go for a walk after treatment today.  Dinner tonight with two friends I haven't seen in a while.

My hair continues to grow like crazy and one day soon I'll post pics.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phyll,

    I'm so glad the results came back normal!
    I guess the WiFi was working in the chemo room.
    Talk to you soon.

    Love,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, patient did not need to have a major meltdown this time.

    ReplyDelete