Sunday, May 30, 2010

Round 1, Day 11: Chemo-condriac?

Friday, after calling Dr. McGrail's office for probably the sixth time in six days, the nurse suggested I come in to see the doctor, what with the long weekend coming up and all.

Dr. McGrail was wonderfully patient and took the time to discuss all of my nagging side effects. As I wondered, am I a chemo-condriac? Apparently chemotherapy has a lot of side effects. But nothing is going dreadfully wrong. Sore throat and mouth sores - use magic mouthwash. Stomach pain - more fiber. The chemotherapy is killing the cells lining my digestive tract, including my mouth and throat, which explains all that. My itchy rash near neck incision - not a freak allergic reaction to the port or chemotherapy; just a simple skin sensitivity to the tape. Doctor's orders - keep exercising to help combat fatigue and anxiety.

Today went to a "Yoga for Women Cancer Survivors" class. The teacher and class participants were very welcoming and the instructor made all of the exercises doable. Definitely want to go back!

Spending much of the weekend catching up on work project - feels good to finally get a little productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment