Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting back on track

So after two weeks off the tamoxifen, I am back on it.  In the meantime, some changes to medications and the addition of a super vitamin D dose for my low vitamin D levels.  There are studies showing vitamin D deficiency is linked to higher incidence of breast cancer recurrence, among other things.  And am taking steps to ward off the depression including planning hikes, run-walking (well, once), more yoga, walking, spinning.... though still have yet to lose the ten pounds I packed on during chemo.  

Taking steps to take better care of myself.  I attended a "transition to wellness workshop" last week at Georgetown (more on that later).  And I found a running program specifically geared to people that have had cancer and been through treatments!  Cancer to 5K ... start training in March (with a 7-mile option).  It's not quite a marathon, but I'll take it!

And am in the process of figuring out a plan to reduce my billlable workload for this upcoming year -- the managing partners at my firm were receptive to it ... yay!

Hair update....it just keeps growing and is now becoming unruly.  Here's some hair pics, the first two from Jan. 15, the third from Jan. 30.



2 comments:

  1. It's so long and unruly!

    I'm glad to hear they're receptive to the idea of less hours. I meant to call you and ask how that went...

    Love,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the vitamin D treatment helps. Being outdoors with your training will help out with your plan to feel better, too. The hair is looking really nice, and luckily it's an athletic cut, so it's perfect for your active self right now!

    ReplyDelete